A typical webinar would be one person doing most of the talking while the rest just listen. A better webinar would be one where there is a discussion of interests and concerns about the current topic. This way, participants would engage in sharing of ideas which will make for a more productive webinar. Here are several ways to make webinars engaging and more interesting.
- Stimulate interest through a pre webinar discussion where all would-be participants can ask questions and share their opinions leading up to the event. This will stimulate interests for the coming webinar as attendees will be more familiar with each other making webinars engaging and more interesting.
- Have breaks during your webinar for periods of interaction between you and the attendees. Ask attendees to share their thoughts about a particular scenario or experience. Include chat slides as signal for attendees to start sharing opinions and ideas. Nothing makes a webinar engaging and more interesting than attendees being drawn to the discussion.
- Have an assistant or a co-host who can serve as the one to relay common questions from the attendees. This will also help the presenter for the webinar as having a co-host can take the pressure off him or her.
- Consider breakout groups similar to on-site learning labs. Have time reserved for attendees to meet in smaller numbers and then reconvene asking for each group to make a presentation. Several webinar platforms now support this feature. This each attendee will feel more involved. Involved participants will make webinars engaging and more interesting.
- Break the webinar into multiple sessions. Per session allow for a limited number of attendees to ensure that the number is enough to allow participation of all attendees. This will also allow the attendees to get to know each other well.
These tips basically set a path for any webinar to become a community of like-minded professionals. When a webinar is engaging and interesting participants will be more encouraged to share knowledge. This also means the when you make webinars engaging and more interesting you get the results you wanted.