Webinar presentations have been one of the most in-demand services nowadays. This is in relation to the recent rise of the demand of webinars in conducting meetings and conferences. Here are some tips in creating good webinar presentations.
Subject at hand
Select a good theme that can catch the attention of your audience. The theme might include those that most people find very interesting. Once you decide on a theme, you need to narrow it down into a topic that can be covered for at least an hour. It is very important to finish the topic early so that there will be ample time for a question and answer portion. There are different ways to narrow a theme down and that includes knowing what the audience want as well as the needs of the organizer.
This strategy involves telling them what you prepared, tell them about the subject and tell them again what you told them. In this way, you can be assured that the audience will be able to retain the information you have told them. In addition, the speech that you will be telling them should have a clear structure with an introduction, body and conclusion. Make sure that there is a very good flow from one point to the next. It is very important to give a recap on the important points at the end in order to instill the information to your audience.
Once you have made a good speech, it is now hight time to make a presentation. Presentations depends on the types of webinars such as the face-to-face types require a PowerPoint show since it can make the webinar more engaging to the audience. Sometimes, a visual component is the only thing needed to make a webinar worth it. Always see to it that the visual component is good to compliment your good speech and take time in finding the right visual accessories that you will use for your visual component.
Always get the contact information from your participants so that you can send them thank you letters for joining your webinars. This will give your audience a feeling of importance and chances are, they will readily attend any webinar you would organize in the future.
These are some helpful tips to guide you in making effective webinar presentations.
There are many types of webinars in which one can attend and join. For this reason, there are webinars that are well suited to be attended at a certain time and purpose. It is just a waste of time if one attends a webinar for another purpose different from the main objectives of the webinar itself. It is therefore very important to know the types of webinars and get the most out of each.
Single direction training
- This type of training webinar involves the presenter to provide the information directly to the audience. The flow of information is simply from the presenter to the audience and this type of webinar demands complete focus from the audience in order to get the most out of it. Another way is to record the webinar in a CD or DVD so as the audience could be able to get what they wanted in attending the said webinar.
Two-way directional training
- This webinar is characterized by having questions provided by the presenter, as well as answers and discussions regarding the topic involved. In this type, the audience is expected to respond to the questions in order to have an open discourse within the webinar. The presenter usually possess a back-up plan whenever the audience do not respond to the questions. In this way, both parties will have the most out of it.
- These type of webinars are also called the tutorial webinars. This type involves an even deeper conversation between the audience and the presenter. For this reason, there is the tendency for the webinar to become boring for the audience. This type is only good for departmental meetings that involve sensitive and important topics.
These are the different types of webinars in which one can attend online. It is important to know the different purposes of these webinars so that every attendance is worth it.
Webinars are composed of many factors that would make them serve their purpose for both the organizers and the audience. This would include formats to be considered for the webinar. Here are some of the different formats for organizing webinars.
One speaker format
The one speaker format is one of the most common format used in webinars. This is mainly because of its cost effectiveness especially in the part of the organizer. In this format, only one presenter talks and demonstrates to the audience. This format only requires fewer people to get involved with the webinar tool however, having only one speaker would give an impression to the audience that he or she is the only authority. Resulting for some to be reluctant in participating or asking questions to him or her.
This format is one of the best format to be used for a webinar since this kind of format encourages the audience to participate. Multiple voices heard within a webinar lets the audience to get engage with the conversation. The only problem with this format is that it needs more people to be trained and it would be difficult to schedule a run-through and an actual webinar in the future.
Moderated panel type
This format enables multiple people to be able to speak and with a moderator facilitating the discussion. It can also be an engaging format however, it can be challenging since there is a tendency for the people involved to talk and take over in the discussion. In addition, it also requires more people to be trained.
This format is the best format to be used in the webinar since it helps the audience to fully participate with the use of a instructor-led exercises and conversations. The interactive format helps the audience to have a deeper understanding of the topics discussed through the different exercises in the webinar. The only downfall of this type of format is the small group that it can only accommodate and a skilled and experienced facilitator it needs.
These are the different formats used in a webinar. Try to consider them when you are planning to have a webinar in the future.
Most organizers of webinars aim to have better webinars for their audience. They do things that will either make webinars better or worst. Sometimes, organizers do not know that what they are doing is making their webinars worst. Here are the top tips to have a better webinar.
Having text-heavy slides
- Audience do not like to have text-heavy slides since they give an impression that the presenter will only read them aloud instead of conversing with them effectively. To avoid this mistake, think more on graphics than texts. This will help you put only the keywords on your slides and use your communication skills in elaborating them to the audience. You can also opt to give your audience some handouts for them to read.
- One mistake of most presenters in webinars is their way of communicating with the audience. They usually do not interact with their audience and focus mainly on reading the materials out to them. This is one cause of losing the audience pool of the webinar. Allow your audience to interact with the presenter as he or she explains the topics. This would include letting them ask questions or giving their views. In this way, the audience will not get bored in listening to the presenter.
- Audience can pinpoint if the presenter is not prepared in presenting the topics. They do not like having a “dead air” in the webinar and left wondering what is happening with the presenter. Usually, problems arise during the webinar and presenters usually have trouble tackling these problems. To prevent this, it is just right to practice before the webinar. In this way, presenters will know how to tackle issues when problems do occur. It is also recommended to have an assistant that will help the presenter in these situations.
These are some top tips that will help make a better webinar. You can apply them if you are planning to organize one in the future.
Webinars are good methods to sell your business. It is one of the best methods to grow your business rapidly. They are profitable on the basis of the number of the audience pool. The bigger the audience, the bigger the profit. Utilization of webinars requires ways that would help increase audience registration and that would need the help of your blogs. Here are some steps that can be used for your blogs to be profitable webinars.
Use your blogs to establish webinar topics
The best thing about blogs is that it allows you to interact and communicate with visitors and readers. It is recommended that you brainstorm on what topics you will need in your webinars. Do not guess blindly. You can post in your blog and ask your avid visitors regarding what topics are very interesting. Let them help you decide on the right topics. Always remember that marketing comes down on what your potential market wants and providing it to them.
Promote your upcoming webinars
After choosing the topics for your webinar, its hight time to promote your upcoming webinar by posting in your blog. You can talk about the fact that the topic covered was requested by most avid visitors in your blog site. Show a little bit of description on your webinar and how important it is for them to attend. Tell them about the advantages of attending the webinar and do not forget to include a link for webinar registration and time details. Furthermore, you can also encourage your visitors to spread the word about your webinar in any social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter. In this way, you will be able to make sales and intensify your established relations with your avid blog site visitors.
Promote the Replay of your webinar
There are always people who could not attend webinars even though they wanted to attend. Your replay will then come in for their satisfaction. Provide a link in your blog site for people to watch Having a replay of your webinar helps in gaining more audience and even more sales. You can even put some posts regarding the webinar replay.
Here are some steps to help your blog make profitable webinars. Go and try them out if you have business or planning to have one in the future.
Employees need to develop their qualities in a business and that involves communication skills. Employers are willing to spend money on training workshops for their employees about communication skills since it will improve their customer service, presentations and speech delivery. Today, many companies are now using webinars since they are very flexible and accessible for their employees. Here are some tips in using webinars in improving communication skills.
Webinars for training
Webinars for training are always presented live on the Internet. They are very flexible depending on the needs of the trainee. In addition, if the company has so many branches around the world, every trainee or employee can participate without leaving their offices. All they need is a computer with an Internet. Furthermore, nationally recognized speakers can be used in webinars for a more cost-effective training without sacrificing the quality.
Communication skills webinar
Communication skill webinars will meet every need of businesses in improving communications skills among their employees. They can help improve employee and manager’s presentation skills. In addition, strategies for overcoming nerves, delivery, using visual aides as well as dealing with question and answers from the audience are all accessible with the use of webinar training. Webinars can also provide exceptional training for managers and customer service for employees to further improve their customer relations and how they tackle them. In addition, the listening skills among employees are also improved and can be sharpened with an appropriate webinar training that tackles listening effectively.
Writing skills webinar
Specialized training through webinars often provide employees and managers some new skills to use in their writing. They can offer tips to make written communication among employees to customers to go faster and more effective for the author. This will further improve worker efficiency in the business.
These are some tips in using webinars to increase communication skills among employees in a business.
Businesses needs constant updating and communication with their employees. It is essential for business owners to implore methods that would make them connected with their employees and see how they fare out in the business. Due to these reasons, webinars are very essential in reaching out for employees at any place and time as well as reduce costs and improve comprehension. Here are some ways webinars can help improve your business.
Webinars provide a great method of teaching employees in expanding their skills, learning new techniques and fine tune them. In addition, they also allow training modules for new employees which can greatly reduce time and resources needed.
Business owners can communicate with employees
Webinars are an excellent method for communicating with employees especially among business owners. In this way, they can clearly have a conversation regarding problems in the business among employees.
Substitute for weekly meetings
Businesses always do weekly meetings regarding performance as well as points for improvements. This would mean that those involved needs to be available and have the time for the meeting. Webinars are excellent substitutes for weekly meetings since they can be done at any place at any time. Webinar meetings can be done in the comfort of their homes.
Teach company software
Solution webinars are also a good method in guiding employees regarding software updates and resolving technical problems. Gone are the days where IT personnel would guide employees over the phone which are very time consuming.
Online HR handbook or manual
An online version of the HR handbook or manual will now be a more convenient way for employees to know the policies of the business in an easy to reference fashion. Employees can readily access it whenever and wherever there is Internet. This method will eliminate the costs of printing copies to employees especially if the business holds a large number of personnel.
These are some ways webinars can help improve businesses. Go and apply them if you are planning to have a business in the future.
Webinars are a useful tool for communicating with and training people in remote locations. Webinars can also be used to poll people during the session to get feedback, keep them engaged or test how well they are absorbing the material. Polling functionality is usually built in in most webinar software tools. Use this functionality wisely in your next webinar to maximize the effectiveness of your presentation or training. Plan your objectives and decide what you want to learn from the participants. Some common objectives might include having an ice breaker, testing their knowledge, keeping them engaged or get their opinions based on the topic. Learn the polling mechanisms present in your webinar application. Some platforms have options for multiple-choice polls while others may only allow "yes" or "no" and simple check-box responses. Knowing the platform limitations will help you construct questions that meet your objectives. Build your poll using the webinar application's poll creation tools that you are using. Make sure the questions are relevant to your objectives and the webinar topic. Always keep the questions simple and easy to understand. If your application allows it, create a timer to show the amount of time participants have to answer each question. Give enough time for the users to answer the question by considering the length of the question and the number of possible responses. Save the results of the poll so it can be used in your upcoming webinar. Introduce the poll at the relevant moment during the webinar. Read the question and answer options out loud to help users follow along with what they see on their screens. Explain to users how much time they have to answer the questions. Let them know if answers can be changed or if it stays selected once it is chosen. Analyze the results of the polling questions. Depending on your objectives, you may decide to revise your questions for a future webinar, spend more time on difficult material or adjust the pacing or length of the presentation.
Effective webinar presenters holds characteristics that help gain interests among the audience of webinars. These characteristics are just simple and easy to apply especially when presenters are not that shy. Here are some of the good habits that presenter must have to be effective.
- A good webinar presenter must possess a conversational style among the audience so that it gives them an impression in which the presenter is very familiar and knowledgeable with the topic at hand. In addition, this style helps the presenter gauge up the interests among the audience and can expect what to do when they slowly become bored or loses their interest.
Devoted to rehearsals
- As the common saying goes, “Practice makes perfect” and indeed, rehearsals can make webinar presenters very effective. They will make you better prepared on situations that would arise in the webinar like unsuspecting questions from the audience. Furthermore, with rehearsals you would be able to know the tools you will be using and that would result to a much smoother flow of the webinar.
Spare the slides
- Effective webinar presenters do not rely too much on slides. Remember to be more focus on giving conversations to the audience. This prevents the build up of boredom among the audience and will cultivate a brain storming atmosphere.
Love what you are doing
- Develop the taste of loving webinar presentations. Once you loved what you are doing, what naturally follows are the good characteristics that will help you become more effective in talking in front of the audience. It is essential to be aware that it does not take a short time to love your work since there are times that you feel afraid in presenting topics in front of the audience. You can try techniques like repeated affirmations to yourself or any visual techniques that will help you get stimulated and control the fear as you present the topic to the audience.
These are some of the good habits that you must possess and apply in order to become a very effective webinar presenter.
Today, it is very difficult to have webinar registrations since most potential audience are just too busy to have time attending one. Due to this reason, it is very important to utilize every method in order to maximize audience registrations. Here are some techniques to boost up webinar registrations.
A good and sexy title
Most webinar organizers do not pay too much attention to the title. They just put a working title which becomes the real title of the webinar even though it is not that catchy.A good title will make your webinar from just a common webinar to something that people must attend. One can create a good and sexy title by considering first the hot issues involved in the industry you are in. Be aware of the key words that people would probably use every day. Utilize a copywriter to craft interesting titles with these key words. You may even put a cool logo on your title.
Make an eye appeal webinar
People basically pay attention to the first 2 horizontal lines of the first paragraph as well as the bullets. It is important then to put your important key words at the beginning of your first paragraph as well as in the bullets that you outline. In this way, the potential audience would see the main gist of your webinar at the first glances of your introduction and outlined bullets. People also focus on the pictures of people involved in the webinar. For this reason, you may put head shots of your speakers to further boost registrations.
Easy to register
Webinars should be easy to register. People do not have the luxury of time to read and go through numerous pages just to register. See to it that registering to your webinar only takes a few minutes and the audience only needs to visit one page. You can set up the landing page into 2 column format where on the right column holds some important information about the webinar and on the left side would hold the registration form. You may even consider to have a personalized landing page where reply forms are included.
These are some techniques that will help you increase your webinar registrations. Do try them in the future.